Additionally, JoKUCo has established the following directorates:
- Directorate of Research and Publications (DIRP)
The agenda of DIRP is:
- To upkeep and propose updates the JoKUCo Research Consultancy Policy
- To establish and actively strive to implement a JoKUCo Research Journal publishing scientific articles both in English and Kiswahili offered for publication by JoKUCo staff and outside writers
- To establish and actively strive to implement a JoKUCo Annual Journal publishing high quality opinion/ journalistic articles offered for publication by JoKUCo staff and outside writers
- To propose line(s) of Research where JoKUCo would concentrate its research efforts and eventually realize funding
- To identify and announce local and international Research Funding possibilities available to both staff and students
- To guideline, supervise and finance (subject to the restraints of each Academic Year’s Budget), where needed or possible, the research activities undertaken at JoKUCo, both at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels
- To assist the staff in looking for outside publishers for scientific work
- Directorate of Community Development and Entrepreneurship (DICE)
The agenda of DICE is:
- Propose for approval the Community Development and Entrepre-neurship Policy of JoKUCo
- To establish connections with the surrounding community and to create platforms or organs for upkeep both of good neighbourly re-lations but also for creating ideas and seeking proposals and support for active JoKUCo involvement in Outreach Activities
- To identify suitable projects for students involved in Outreach activ-ities both as part of their academic programme and otherwise
- To organise Outreach Days and Seminars for purposes expressed in (2) and (3)
- To sensitize the Heads of Departments to make a close follow up on whether the academic staff in their Departments is serious with car-rying out Community Outreach activities as prescribed in the Course syllabus.
- To cooperate and encourage instructors to involve their students carry out the actual community outreach activities and/or projects.
- To attend different University academic forums in order to discuss and propagate the benefits and advantages, even the weaknesses of JoKUCo’s participation in Community Outreach activities and/or projects.